Auob Country Lodge, a green oasis in the Kalahari landscape, is situated on the banks of the dry Auob River. The small town Gochas is only 6 km away. The gem in the Kalahari offers 26 en-suite double rooms, a restaurant, a lapa, a TV room and a lounge with fireplace for chilly winter evenings. The red dunes of the Kalahari are in strong contrast to the white calcareous rocks of the valley formed by the Auob river. In an area of 8000 ha around the lodge, various antelopes, giraffe, smaller mammals and many bird species can be seen. The plants in this area are well adapted to the harsh conditions of the Kalahari. Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere at the swimming pool or discover the surrounding area on foot, horseback or on a sundowner drive. A bar is at your disposal. Auob Lodge is easily accessible by road or plane. The private landing strip is suitable for various size planes (co-ordinates: S24.49 E18.46). Auob Lodge is the ideal first night stop-over on your tour to the south. Beautiful Kalahari landscape en route to Quiver Tree Forest and Keetmanshoop.
Three star rating.
Between the red vegetated dunes of the Kalahari and the jagged course of the Auob River, the green oasis of Auob Country Lodge offers warm welcomes to travellers and explorers.
On the 8,000 ha reserve surrounding Auob Country Lodge, travellers can discover the many interesting adaptations that have allowed animals to better survive in the arid conditions of the Southern Kalahari. Game drives go places where drivers know that the animals will likely be found.
The Kalahari has challenged African travellers for centuries, and all emerge from its dry reaches seeking refreshment. Auob Country Lodge specializes in Kalahari hospitality, an art refined over years of welcoming explorers and adventurers: an ice cold drink in the bar or lounge, a chance to wash away the heat and red Kalahari sand under a refreshing shower, or in the courtyard pool, plenty of shade from the bright, hot sun, and a friendly smile.
Auob Country Lodge:
* Located in the Southern Kalahari on the bank of the dry Auob River.
* 8000 ha nature reserve with various mammal species such as Oryx, springbok, zebra and giraffe.
* Convenient base from which to explore the southern Kalahari.
* Convenient for onward travel to Sesriem, Fish River Canyon and Windhoek.
* Central courtyard with garden and swimming pool.
* Dune dinners, star gazing, nature drives and self guided nature walks.
* Conference facilities.
25 guest rooms consisting of:
20 x twin rooms
1 x double room
4 x family units each unit with 2 inter leading rooms.
2 x tour guide rooms (not same standard as guest rooms, shared bathroom)
* Rooms are built double story around a central garden courtyard
* En-suite bathroom with toilet and basin
22 rooms with shower
3 rooms with shower and bath
* Mosquito nets
* Tea / coffee facilities
* Laundry on request
17 campsites with lawn
* Shared ablution facilities with hot & cold water
* Each campsite has a fire place
* All campsites have electrical points
* Camping is on self-catering basis
* Lodge facilities are available to campers
To inquire on BAR (best available rates), availability and conditions please fill in the enquiry form or click here.